The Law Society has changed its advice for firms on compliance with UK regulations which transpose the EU Directive on consumer alternative dispute resolution (ADR Directive).
This is in response to the unexpected withdrawal of the Legal Ombudsman’s application to the Legal Services Board (LSB) to become certified as an ADR approved body for the purposes of the ADR Directive. Although the Legal Ombudsman has withdrawn its application, solicitors must still comply with the government regulations. New requirements will apply from 1 October 2015 in relation to the information solicitors are required to provide to clients at the end of a solicitor’s internal complaints process.
In order to be as comprehensive as possible, this advice provides:
1. a description of the requirements
2. suggested text to be included in letters at the end of first-tier complaints from 1 October 2015
3. information on further changes that are likely to be made
4. web links to further information
5. frequently asked questions
To read the updated advice please see link below: