Barristers from 11KBW, 39 Essex Chambers and 1 Garden Court are among 21 new Deputy High Court Judges appointed by the Lord Chief Justice for a single fixed four-year term.
The new judges are:
1. Darryl Allen QC, Byrom Street Chambers.
2. Kelyn Bacon QC, Brick Court Chambers.
3. Veronique Buehrlen QC, Keating Chambers.
4. John Cavanagh QC, 11KBW.
5. Rowena Collins Rice QC, Director-General of the Attorney General’s Office.
6. David Edwards QC, 7 King’s Bench Walk.
7. Nkumbe Ekaney QC, 1 Garden Court.
8. Naomi Ellenbogen QC, Littleton Chambers.
9. Andrew Henshaw, Brick Court Chambers.
10. Edwin Johnson QC, Maitland Chambers.
11. Julian Knowles QC, Matrix Chambers.
12. Peter MacdDonald Eggers QC, 7KBW.
13. Nigel Poole QC, Kings Chambers.
14. Pushpinder Saini QC, Blackstone Chambers.
15. Joanna Angela Smith QC, Wilberforce Chambers.
16. David Angus Stone, Allen & Overy.
17. Justine Thornton QC, 39 Essex Chambers.
18. Daniel Toledano QC, One Essex Court.
19. Jonathan Richard Turner QC, Monckton Chambers.
20. Nicholas Vineall QC, 4 Pump Court.
21. Professor Sarah Worthington QC, Cambridge University.
The appointments were made by the LCJ under section 9(4) of the Senior Courts Act 1981, following an open competition run by the Judicial Appointments Commission.